Friday, January 30, 2009

Everyday Antics of a Boy

Yesterday morning as I was getting the kids in the car, Mason felt sure that he needed to chip the ice off of the car before we could go anywhere. I reasoned with him that he could do that as soon as we got home, as we had to get Chicky to school.

"Okay mom."

After dropping Chicky off at school, I wanted to run by the Social Security office to submit Nika's application for a number.

Ha ha ha ha ... apparently you don't just run by the Social Security office. After sitting there for one hour and forty minutes waiting for A98 to be called, we had to leave to get Chicky from school. {It was a short school day due to a two-hour delay.}

During our time sitting in the Social Security office, I casually mentioned to Mason that I wanted to wash our coats when we got home. My white coat shows every teeny tiny bit of dirt and I was pretty sure the kids' coats could use to be washed too.

Are you wondering why you should care that we needed to wash our coats? Well keep reading ... geesh!

After we had picked up Chicky and gotten home, Mason told me he needed to wash the car. The ice had melted, but the car was dirty. Mind you it was still only 30-some degrees outside.

"Mom, can you open the garage door? I need to get the water."

So I opened the garage door for him, thinking surely my husband had shut the water off for the winter.

Uhh ... I guess not.

I went out to check on Mason and found this ...

"Mom, doesn't your car look nice?"

"And I washed my coat for you too."
Sigh. I guess we have never introduced him to the washing machine? Seriously.

16 comments:

  1. Wow! How helpful! ;P Is that a grill brush?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is freakin' hilarious!! LOL. At least he's resourceful right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so funny! It is great to have kids who are eager to help!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was wondering why that cleaning stuff was sitting in the drive way and his coat was hanging up when I stopped by last night. Now I know....too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, that's a great story - glad you captured it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Freakin' hilarious! Typical man. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. HAHA At least he tried to help lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hahahahahaha! precious.
    ---Jen

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh he is such a nice boy!

    i guess he have not seen you using the washing machine too often ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mason is a smart little boy!!! And what a great helper he is :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is too funny...what a great little helper!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OK, I am killing myself laughing at this, that is the funniest thing I have heard in a long time LMAO

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awww, that is so sweet, even though I'm sure it created more work for you : ) Funny boy! Mason and Hunter would be so great together.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is a good one! Max pointed out yesterday that my car was dirty then next time I saw him he had a water hose out of the garage and was wanting to wash my car.
    Boys!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is too funny! Oh..you never just run by the SS office!! I finally got their fax number so I could do all my business that way!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Laughed out loud. Thanks for that.

    ReplyDelete